If there is one thing i believe in wholeheartedly, it is starting over. And then, starting over again.
In life, we tend to change our mind, often. We change our mind about where we want to live, whom we want to be with, what we want to do and pretty much, everything else. Most of the time people (including myself) feel as though we have to stand by these decisions we made because a.) we don't want to feel like we quit, b.) we are scared of failure, or c.) we think society will judge us. Mostly though, we are scared of starting all over again, at the very begining. We have been through so much on this journey. We have climbed over so many mountains, endured so much pain and shed so many tears to get to where we are. We are terrified of starting a new, of going through it all again. The mind starts to identify with the trauma we've endured. Therefore, we find comfort in these situations we have long outgrown. We find ways to drown out those feelings of hopelessness, ways to quiet those never-ending thoughts of 'what if' and ways to lose ourselves over and over again. But that illusion of comfort doesn't last because your soul, your truth, is aching for more.
I am no life expert. Navigating the balance between contentment and ambition is a daily struggle for me. But what i do know is that finding your passion is what gives us meaning, and sharing that passion with others is what makes life worth living. And that, should never be repressed by the fear our mind creates. So reinvent yourself, quit your job, leave that unhealthy relationship, give birth to the person you've always wanted to be.
Words of encouragement have always been a go to for me on days when i need reassurance. To let me know it is okay to let go, that i am on the right path and above all, that the universe got me. So, I composed a list of inspirational quotes. Some I share often in conversations, others just deeply resonate with my journey. Hopefully they will do the same for you.
1. "Fail early, Fail often, Fail Forward"
- Will Smith
2. "The only thing that is constant is change"
3. "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default"
- J. K. Rowling
4. "Failure lies not in falling down. Failure lies in not getting up"
- Chinese Proverb
5. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs”
- Farrah Gray
6. "Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything"
- Napoleon Hill
7. "Courage is the power to let go of the familiar"
- Raymond Lindquist
8. "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
- E.M. Forster
9. "The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are” - J.P.Morgan
10. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire”
- Oprah Winfrey
11. "Don’t aspire to make a living, aspire to make a difference"
- Denzel Washington
12. "I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate"
- George Burns
13. "Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it" - Buddha
14. "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls"
- Joseph Campbell
15. "There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life"
- Federico Fellini
16. "There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living"
- Nelson Mandela
17. "Nothing is more important than reconnecting with your bliss. Nothing is as rich. Nothing is more real"
- Deepak Chopra
18. "Everything you want is on the other side of fear"
- Jack Canfield
19. "What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?"
- John Green
20. The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are
- Joseph Campbell